The Hornsey Pensioners Action Group has been established in this area for more than twenty five years formerly as the Highgate and Muswell Hill Pensioners Action Group. We are a non-party political organisation affiliated to the National Pensioners Convention and the Greater London Pensioners Association. We campaign for the Pensioners’ Charter.( See below)
Our members are ‘young at heart’ and certainly not ‘old fogies’. We welcome any over 50s at meetings. If you chose to join, our subscription is very reasonable as we send out a notice with news for each meeting.
Our meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month. except for August, from 1.30pm in Hornsey Parish main Church Hall, Cranley Gardens, N10 3AH
Towards a Pensioners’ Charter
Every man and woman on reaching state pensionable age will have the right to:
- a basic state pension set above the official poverty level (£171 per week) and linked to average earnings.
- a warm and comfortable home
- free health care treatment based on clinical need and an annual comprehensive health check.
- free community care and services to assist living at home.
- free long term care.
- free nationwide travel on all public and local transport.
- free education, access to participation in leisure and cultural activities.
- goods, services and benefits without age discrimination.
- active engagement and consultation on national and local issues affecting older people.
- advocacy, dignity, respect and fair treatment in all aspects of their lives.
As a first step towards establishing these rights we call on the government to implement the Pensioners’ Manifesto.
- 2014 notices (9)
- 2015 notices (25)
- 2016 notices (15)
- 2017 notices (11)
- 2018 – notices (5)
- Advice (27)
- Archive (6)
- before 2012 (2)
- Campaigns (46)
- Constitution (3)
- dec 16 party (16)
- Front page (57)
- HPAG in the Ham & High (26)
- Newsletters (2)
- Previous events (25)
- Scrimp & Save Ideas (6)
- social issues (1)