- Reuse envelopes from junk mail for new envelopes by adding sticky labels, or as shopping lists. Use blank back of A4 advertisements or handouts for print paper for the computer or staple them to make up your own note pads.
- Charity shop for clothes and more crockery to fill up your dishwasher.
- Keep your old clothes as probably better quality than modern ones and their fashion is sure to return eventually.
- Some people steam off un-franked postage stamps. This is illegal.
- Darn your socks and sew on buttons or just wear holey clothes doing dirty jobs or under non holey ones. If you cannot sew in a new zip pay to get it done to avoid having to buy a replacement.
- Make rubber bands from old rubber gloves worn at the finger tips. Lay flat and cut horizontal strips.
- Washed plastic bags inside cereal boxes make good freezer bags.
– Ideas generated from the Hornsey Pensioners Action Group meeting November 2013